NCI's IMAT Program funds Technology Development in the following program areas:
- Innovative Technology Development for Cancer Research
- Emerging Technology Development for Cancer Research
- Innovative and Applied Emerging Technologies in Biospecimen Science
The IMAT program is also committed to supporting research and development in the following areas:
- Education and Training - In collaboration with the NCI’s Center to Reduce Cancer Health Disparities, supplemental awards are available from the NCI for investigator communities to increase the recruitment, retention, and training of pre- and post-doctoral students from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Communications, Outreach, and Strategic Partnerships - Provides an overview of IMAT’s strategic collaborations and partnerships with academia, industry, and other offices and initiatives within the federal government to further advance innovative and transformative technologies.